Celebrate 100 years at the Oregon Caves National Monument - July 11 and 12, 2009
Join us on Saturday July 11
1:00pm Commemorative Festivities, remarks from Mary Oberst, the First lady of Oregon
NPS, Congressional Delegation and special guests.
- an Ice Cream Social - the First Lady and the Governor will be scooping Ice Cream.
- Tours of the caves - sneak peek and full tours
- View the Model Room in the Chateau - historical photos of the Chateau construction will be on display in a sitting room being renovated as a model room as part of an $8 million-plus renovation and restoration of the property, targeted for completion in 2012.
- Historic-preservation specialists, National Park Service leadership and National, Regional and Local Elected Officials will be in attendance.
Sunday July 12
- Hike, tour the caves and the Chateau.
- Hear stories from the Cave Queen, and reunion of former staff and the Oregon Cavemen.
- Educational and Informational Booths by the many Monument Partners: BLM, USFS, Siskiyou Field Institute, IV Fire Department and the IV Arts Council and other community groups.
- Centennial celebrations are being organized by the National Park Service, the Friends of the Oregon Caves and Chateau, and the Illinois Valley Community Development Organization
Visit the websites for lodging, restaurants, tours, hours, special events and more information:
www.nps.gov/orca - The Oregon Caves National Monument
www.OregonCavesChateau.com - The Chateau at the Oregon Caves